Friday, January 27, 2012

What does it mean to boast in the name of the Lord?

Sue's take on this....  : )

I think of my family playing Xbox Sports as I try to wrap my head around this topic...

So here's Ella, so excited and confident about being in "Team Daddy."  The game hasn't even begun yet.  But her face is beaming like she has already played and won the game.  And here's Taylor, trying not to be rude but she can't hide the dissapointment of being picked to be in "Team Mommy."  After all, the girls have seen mommy lose to daddy at least a dozen times in boxing.  See...  Taylor and Ella both know what the names of their team mean.  They KNOW the captains of the teams.   The fact that Ella is so proud about belonging to "Team Daddy" is not because she is a great player in that team, but it is because she knows that even though she doesn't play well, her daddy will rescue - She is in the winning team, she will be the winner. 


The Captain of Team Daddy


I ask my husband a question. 
    "Would you rather be the worst player in USA Basketball team or the best player in Korean Basketball team?"
    "Worst player in US Basketball team,"  answers my husband in a hearbeat.
TEAM USA....   That is a wonderful team to belong to.  That name carries so much pride, power and prestige.  Even if you are the worst player in that team, you are still proud of the fact that you belong to that team.  You can boast in the name of that team no matter how badly you play individually.

So that's what I think of when I think of boasting in the name of the Lord...

"On What basis can we set up banners of victory?"

TEAM CHRIST...    We belong to the winning team.  Christ has already won every single battle and He will continue to win.  We are fighting the battle that Christ has already one.  Boasting in the name of the Lord means having that confidence of belonging to the strongest team in the universe - belonging to the undefeated team.  It is knowing who our Captain is and being proud that even though I'm weak, I'm made strong because of His strength.   Because of who He is, I am considered a winner. 

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha soo funny, but at the same time so true! Thank God for being the greatest Daddy ever :P

    ReplyDelete